By Douglas Morgan,Kent S. Robinson,Dennis Strachota,James A. Hough
Many at the moment to be had texts for this direction be afflicted by a mix of defects that come with a spotlight on federal and country budgeting, a scarcity of a theoretical governance framework, an omission of significant themes, and customarily an absence of workouts and datasets for pupil use. Budgeting for neighborhood Governments and Communities solves all of those problems.
The booklet is outstandingly entire and good written, and represents the efforts of veteran authors with either educating and real-world experience.
- Key Features:
- Special specialise in neighborhood govt Budgeting: focuses completely on budgeting on the neighborhood degrees of yank govt, that are chargeable for spending forty percentage of the taxes gathered from citizens.
- Integration of thought and perform: instructing situations and chapters catch the "lessons discovered" through specialist practitioners who've wide event in making neighborhood public budgeting paintings at the ground.< /li>
- Polity method of neighborhood Budgeting: offers an advent to neighborhood budgeting because the relevant political job that integrates the assets of the group right into a unified complete. Budgeting is gifted as governance paintings, instead of as a different set of abilities possessed by means of analysts and fiscal specialists.
- Legal, historic, fiscal and ethical Foundations of neighborhood executive Budgeting: offers readers with an figuring out of the way the buildings and procedures of neighborhood budgeting platforms are firmly tethered to the underlying middle values, felony rules and old improvement of the bigger American federal, country and native political systems.
- Electronic Datasets and Budgeting routines: the textual content contains entry to vast digital datasets and perform workouts that offer considerable possibilities for college kids to "learn via doing."
- Extensive thesaurus and Bibliography: covers phrases at the historical past and perform of neighborhood public budgeting.
Read or Download Budgeting for Local Governments and Communities PDF
Best urban planning & development books
Naturschutz entwickelt sich zunehmend zu einem gesellschaftsgestaltenden Aufgabenfeld, das an politischem Einfluß gewinnt. Der bislang dominierende Schutz von einzelnen Arten und Biotopen wird ergänzt um Konzepte und Strategien einer dauerhaft naturverträglichen Entwicklung. Dabei wird der Mensch als zentraler Bestandteil naturschützenden Handelns verstanden.
This publication, first released in 1983, supplied the 1st thorough and informative creation to the idea, perform and politics of rural cost making plans. It surveys the conceptual and ideological leanings of these who've constructed, applied and revised rural payment perform, and provides certain research of making plans documentation to evaluate the level to which rules were effectively applied.
The editors of "The college as city Developer" now expand that work's groundbreaking research of the university's vital position within the progress and improvement of the yank urban to the worldwide view. Linking the fields of city improvement, greater schooling, and concrete layout, "Global Universities and concrete improvement" covers universities and groups worldwide, together with Germany, Korea, Scotland, Japan, Mexico, South Africa, Finland - thirteen international locations in all.
This e-book specializes in the most demanding situations that towns, areas and different territories at sub-national point face by way of designing and enforcing a territorial process for monetary improvement and competitiveness. there's a common popularity that territories have to build ideas that target shaping sustainable aggressive benefits.
- Smart Green Cities: Toward a Carbon Neutral World
- The Garden City Movement Up-To-Date (Studies in International Planning History)
- Activists in City Hall: The Progressive Response to the Reagan Era in Boston and Chicago
- Local Glories: Opera Houses on Main Street, Where Art and Community Meet
- Geo-Spatial Technologies in Urban Environments: Policy, Practice, and Pixels
- Planning and Conflict: Critical Perspectives on Contentious Urban Developments (RTPI Library Series)
Extra resources for Budgeting for Local Governments and Communities
Budgeting for Local Governments and Communities by Douglas Morgan,Kent S. Robinson,Dennis Strachota,James A. Hough