By Florinel-Gabriel Banica
Key positive aspects include:
- Self-assessment questions and exercises
- Chapters begin with crucial ideas, then cross directly to handle extra complex topics
- More than 1300 references to direct the reader to key literature and extra reading
- Highly illustrated with 450 figures, together with chemical buildings and reactions, functioning ideas, positive info and reaction characteristics
Chemical sensors are self-contained analytical units that supply real-time details on chemical composition. A chemical sensor integrates particular capabilities: acceptance and transduction. Such units are general for various functions, together with scientific research, surroundings tracking and tracking of business tactics. this article presents an up to date survey of chemical sensor technological know-how and know-how, with an excellent stability among classical points and modern developments. issues lined include:
- Structure and homes of popularity fabrics and reagents, together with artificial, organic and biomimetic fabrics, microorganisms and whole-cells
- Physicochemical foundation of assorted transduction tools (electrical, thermal, electrochemical, optical, mechanical and acoustic wave-based)
- Auxiliary fabrics used e.g. man made and typical polymers, inorganic fabrics, semiconductors, carbon and steel materials
- properties and functions of complex fabrics (particularly nanomaterials) within the creation of chemical sensors and biosensors
- Advanced production methods
- Sensors received via combining specific transduction and popularity methods
- Mathematical modeling of chemical sensor processes
Suitable as a textbook for graduate and ultimate yr undergraduate scholars, and in addition for researchers in chemistry, biology, physics, body structure, pharmacology and digital engineering, this bookis worthwhile to someone drawn to the sector of chemical sensors and biosensors.
Read or Download Chemical Sensors and Biosensors: Fundamentals and Applications PDF
Best analytic chemistry books
Tracking pollution in air, soil and water is a regimen requirement within the office, and within the wider surroundings. Passive samplers gives you a consultant photograph of degrees of toxins over a time period from days to months via measuring the common concentrations to which they've been uncovered.
The literature to be had, it's transparent that there's a want for a booklet on LC-MS functions in environmental research. This booklet endeavours to respond to the subsequent questions: What interface to take advantage of to resolve "my detection problem"? am i able to receive adequate sensitivity for the affirmation of my compound in real-world environmental samples?
This can be a well timed choice of very important biomedical functions for a collection of separation/characterization thoughts which are speedily rising in popularity because of their broad dynamic variety, excessive answer, and talent to operate in most ordinarily used solvent platforms. Importantly, the field-flow fractionation (FFF) method has lately emerged as a fashionable supplement to measurement exclusion chromatography for protein prescription drugs.
Offering the most recent advancements within the box for greater than 4 a long time, the Advances in Chromatography sequence is depended on by means of scientists and researchers for the main up to date info on quite a lot of chromatographic equipment and functions. quantity fifty two maintains this practice with contributions through demonstrated, recognized chemists, providing state of the art experiences of chromatographic tools with purposes within the lifestyles sciences.
- Ionic Liquids for Better Separation Processes (Green Chemistry and Sustainable Technology)
- Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, Volume 227
- Principles of Field Ionization and Field Desorption Mass Spectrometry: International Series in Analytical Chemistry (International series in analytical chemistry ; v. 61)
- Handbook of Anion Determination
- Atomic-Absorption Spectrophotometry: International Series of Monographs in Analytical Chemistry
Additional info for Chemical Sensors and Biosensors: Fundamentals and Applications
Chemical Sensors and Biosensors: Fundamentals and Applications by Florinel-Gabriel Banica