By Kiril Stanilov,Ludĕk Sýkora
This attention-grabbing ebook explains the procedures of suburbanization within the context of post-socialist societies transitioning from one approach of socio-spatial order to a different. Case stories of 7 principal and japanese Europe urban areas light up progress styles and key stipulations for the emergence of sprawl.
- Breaks new floor, supplying a scientific method of the research of the worldwide phenomenon of suburbanization in a post-socialist context
- Tracks the increase of the post-socialist suburbs in seven CEE capital urban areas – Budapest, Ljubljana, Moscow, Prague, Sofia, Tallinn, and Warsaw
- Situates the adventure of the CEE nations within the broader context of worldwide city change
- Case experiences research the phenomenon of suburbanization alongside 4 major vectors of study with regards to improvement styles, riding forces, results and affects, and administration of suburbanization
- Highlights the serious value of public regulations and making plans at the unfold of suburbanization
Read or Download Confronting Suburbanization: Urban Decentralization in Postsocialist Central and Eastern Europe (Studies in Urban and Social Change) PDF
Similar urban planning & development books
Naturschutz entwickelt sich zunehmend zu einem gesellschaftsgestaltenden Aufgabenfeld, das an politischem Einfluß gewinnt. Der bislang dominierende Schutz von einzelnen Arten und Biotopen wird ergänzt um Konzepte und Strategien einer dauerhaft naturverträglichen Entwicklung. Dabei wird der Mensch als zentraler Bestandteil naturschützenden Handelns verstanden.
This booklet, first released in 1983, supplied the 1st thorough and informative creation to the speculation, perform and politics of rural cost making plans. It surveys the conceptual and ideological leanings of these who've built, carried out and revised rural payment perform, and provides specific research of making plans documentation to evaluate the level to which rules were effectively carried out.
The editors of "The college as city Developer" now expand that work's groundbreaking research of the university's very important position within the development and improvement of the yankee urban to the worldwide view. Linking the fields of city improvement, better schooling, and concrete layout, "Global Universities and concrete improvement" covers universities and groups around the globe, together with Germany, Korea, Scotland, Japan, Mexico, South Africa, Finland - thirteen nations in all.
This publication makes a speciality of the most demanding situations that towns, areas and different territories at sub-national point face in terms of designing and enforcing a territorial method for fiscal improvement and competitiveness. there's a frequent attractiveness that territories have to build innovations that target shaping sustainable aggressive benefits.
- Development Drowned and Reborn: The Blues and Bourbon Restorations in Post-Katrina New Orleans (Geographies of Justice and Social Transformation Ser.)
- The Making of Grand Paris: Metropolitan Urbanism in the Twenty-First Century (Urban and Industrial Environments)
- Business Strategy for Water Challenges: From risk to opportunity (DoShorts)
- Designing Cities with Children and Young People: Beyond Playgrounds and Skate Parks
- News, Neoliberalism, and Miami's Fragmented Urban Space
Extra resources for Confronting Suburbanization: Urban Decentralization in Postsocialist Central and Eastern Europe (Studies in Urban and Social Change)
Confronting Suburbanization: Urban Decentralization in Postsocialist Central and Eastern Europe (Studies in Urban and Social Change) by Kiril Stanilov,Ludĕk Sýkora