By Andrés Luque-Ayala,Jonathan Silver
Read or Download Energy, Power and Protest on the Urban Grid: Geographies of the Electric City PDF
Best urban planning & development books
Naturschutz entwickelt sich zunehmend zu einem gesellschaftsgestaltenden Aufgabenfeld, das an politischem Einfluß gewinnt. Der bislang dominierende Schutz von einzelnen Arten und Biotopen wird ergänzt um Konzepte und Strategien einer dauerhaft naturverträglichen Entwicklung. Dabei wird der Mensch als zentraler Bestandteil naturschützenden Handelns verstanden.
This e-book, first released in 1983, supplied the 1st thorough and informative advent to the idea, perform and politics of rural payment making plans. It surveys the conceptual and ideological leanings of these who've constructed, carried out and revised rural payment perform, and offers precise research of making plans documentation to evaluate the level to which guidelines were effectively carried out.
The editors of "The college as city Developer" now expand that work's groundbreaking research of the university's vital position within the progress and improvement of the yank urban to the worldwide view. Linking the fields of city improvement, larger schooling, and concrete layout, "Global Universities and concrete improvement" covers universities and groups all over the world, together with Germany, Korea, Scotland, Japan, Mexico, South Africa, Finland - thirteen international locations in all.
This ebook makes a speciality of the most demanding situations that towns, areas and different territories at sub-national point face in terms of designing and imposing a territorial method for monetary improvement and competitiveness. there's a common acceptance that territories have to build innovations that concentrate on shaping sustainable aggressive benefits.
- The Russian Far East: Strategic Priorities for Sustainable Development
- Natural Disaster Management in the Asia-Pacific: Policy and Governance (Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Making the Digital City: The Early Shaping of Urban Internet Space (Design and the Built Environment)
- Rebuilding the American City: Design and Strategy for the 21st Century Urban Core
- Urban Latin America: Inequalities and Neoliberal Reforms (Latin American Perspectives in the Classroom)
- The Road through the Rust Belt: From Preeminence to Decline to Prosperity
Additional resources for Energy, Power and Protest on the Urban Grid: Geographies of the Electric City
Energy, Power and Protest on the Urban Grid: Geographies of the Electric City by Andrés Luque-Ayala,Jonathan Silver