By Dr. Bill Findlay
Not in simple terms has the interval of the previous seventy years been the richest for literary translation into Scots because the 16th century, however it can declare to be the richest when it comes to the amount of labor and the variety of languages and genres translated. This selection of essays, by means of translators and critics, represents the 1st prolonged research of the character and perform of contemporary translation into Scots.
Read or Download Frae Ither Tongues: Essays on Modern Translations into Scots (Topics in Translation) PDF
Similar translating books
Understanding Autonomy: perform and mirrored image in Language schooling Contexts provides severe practitioner study into leading edge ways to language learner autonomy. Writing approximately stories in various generally differing contexts, the authors provide clean insights and views at the demanding situations and contradictions of learner autonomy.
The second one quantity of this revised and improved version of Translating Slavery Translating Slavery explores the advanced interrelationships that exist among translation, gender, and race through targeting antislavery writing by means of or approximately French ladies within the French innovative interval. Now in volumes, Translating Slavery heavily examines what occurs whilst translators translate literary works that tackle problems with gender and race.
Borrowed Tongues is the 1st constant try and follow the theoretical framework of translation stories within the research of self-representation in lifestyles writing via girls in transnational, diasporic, and immigrant groups. It specializes in linguistic and philosophical dimensions of translation, displaying how the dominant language serves to articulate and make stronger social, cultural, political, and gender hierarchies.
Kafka Translated is the 1st e-book to examine the problem of translation and Kafka's paintings. What influence do the translations have on how we learn Kafka? Are our interpretations of Kafka encouraged by means of the translators' interpretations? In what methods has Kafka been 'translated' into Anglo-American tradition via pop culture and via lecturers?
- Translating Frantz Fanon Across Continents and Languages: Frantz Fanon Across Continents and Languages (Routledge Advances in Translation and Interpreting Studies)
- Polish vs. American Courtroom Discourse: Inquisitorial and Adversarial Procedures of Witness Examination in Criminal Trials
- Teaching and Researching Translation (Applied Linguistics in Action)
- New Trends in Audiovisual Translation (Topics in Translation)
- Eco-Translation: Translation and Ecology in the Age of the Anthropocene (New Perspectives in Translation and Interpreting Studies)
- Rewriting Narratives in Egyptian Theatre: Translation, Performance, Politics (Routledge Advances in Theatre & Performance Studies)
Additional resources for Frae Ither Tongues: Essays on Modern Translations into Scots (Topics in Translation)
Frae Ither Tongues: Essays on Modern Translations into Scots (Topics in Translation) by Dr. Bill Findlay